Sunday May 31 – 1:00 – 5:00 – children’s auditions for Anne, Diana, Gilbert and Children’s chorus
Sunday May 31 – 7:00 – 10:30 adults
Monday June 1 – 7:00 – 10:30 adults
Come out and meet the team
David Ambrose – Director
Darryl Burton – Music Director
Cheri Lindsay-Jarvis – Choreographer
The Old Armoury – 1A Park Ave, Georgetown
Friday June 5 -7:00 pm
Globe Productions presents Anne of Green Gables at John Elliott Theatre in Georgetown
- Please prepare one song that tells a story and is appropriate to the style and the era of Anne of Green Gables; written in the 1960s, the musical styles in Anne of Green Gables include Early Jazz, Folk, Big Band singing and some hints of Operetta.
- Your song choice must be from musical theatre repertoire and should reflect the range of the characters you are interested in.
- Sheet music in your correct key is required. Please have it double-sided, hole punched and in a 3 ring binder. A pianist will be provided.
- Please do not bring rock, pop or mainstream Jazz songs. Karaoke tracks are not accepted as accompaniment.
- You will be asked to do a cold read.
- There will be a group dance audition for the roles of Anne, Diana, Gilbert and the children’s chorus. Wear comfortable (stretchy) clothing and indoor shoes (no bare feet or sock feet).
- The minimum age requirement for the role of Anne, Diana, Gilbert and Josie is 14 years old and 7 years old for the children’s chorus.
To Book Your Audition:
|Marilla Cuthbert||Mezzo who can sing up to Eb5||Mature Adult||Lead|
|Matthew Cuthbert||Baritone who can sing from A2 to D4||Mature Adult||Lead|
|Mrs. Rachel Lynde||Mezzo who can sing up to E5||Mature Adult||Supporting|
|Lucilla – clerk in Blair’s store||Soprano or Light Mezzo who can sing up to F5||Adult||Supporting|
|Miss Stacy – the schoolmistress||Alto or Mezzo who can sing Belt voice and Mixed voice up to D5||Adult||Supporting|
|Earl – the mailman||N/A||Adult||Cameo|
|Cecil – the farmer||N/A||Adult||Cameo|
|Mr. Phillips – the schoolmaster||N/A||Adult||Cameo|
|Anne Shirley||Soprano or Mezzo (up to G5) who can sing both Legit and Mixed voices||14 -20||Lead|
|Diana Barry||Soprano or Light Mezzo (up to D5) but is comfortable singing Legit and Mixed voice||14-20||Supporting|
|Gilbert Blythe||Tenor or Baritone who can sing up to F4||14-20||Supporting|
|Josie Pye||Mezzo with a low range (G3) and can sing Mixed voice or a light Belt voice||14-20||Supporting|